THE THRILL OF THE AMERICA’S CUP
Let us become sailors for a day in an authentic regatta boat and experience the thrills of the America’s Cup from a truly privileged point of view!
What we will see
- Competition sailing boats
- Waitemata Harbour
- Sailing in the port
- Sailor activities
What we will do
- The thrills begin as soon as we embark on an authentic regatta boat, which sets sail pushed by the wind.
- Until a few years ago, only professional sailors had the privilege of sailing on these amazing boats but, in 2000, NZL 68 and NZL 41 of America's Cup fame welcome guests and tourists passionate about sailing and regattas.
- We sail around the spectacular Waitemata Harbour, one of the most beautiful in the world overlooked by the city of Auckland, of which we can admire the skyline.
- Aboard, we are actively involved in sailing activities: the wind blows into the sails, the lines stretch, the boat tilts and races over the waves while we feel like the protagonists of the mythical America’s Cup.
- If we prefer to see the professionals at work, we can sit down and take in the power of the boat sailing in the harbour with a magnificent panorama in the background.
What you need to know
- The tour does not feature a guide. The boat crew will only speak English.
- Minimum age: 10 years.
- This excursion is not recommended for pregnant women and wheelchair users.
- The excursion is reserved for guests in good health.
- A cagoule and shoes with no heel are recommended.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled.