COPENHAGEN BY FOOT AND WATER
Copenhagen is a green, open and pedestrian-friendly city and what better way to discover this wonderful Danish capital than by wandering along its network of interwoven streets and paths?
What we will see
- Cruise along the port and canals
- Walking tour of Copenhagen
- Little Mermaid statue
- Gefion Fountain
- Churchill Park
- Amaliehaven Park
- Amalienborg Palace
- Nyhavn district
- Christiansborg Palace
What we will do
- A bus transfer will take us to the Little Mermaid where we will board a canal boat for a leisurely minicruise of the canals and harbour of Copenhagen.
- After the minicruise we will start the walking tour by going to the famous statue of Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid. Since 1913, she has sat on the harbour rocks welcoming travellers from all over the world and inspiring them with her tale of love and sacrifice.
- Then we will walk towards the 18th-century fortress in the shape of a pentagon, known as Kastellett, and admire the wonderful Gefion Fountain, the biggest monument in the Danish capital, before reaching Churchill Park.
- Next we will visit the Frederiksstaden district in the heart of Copenhagen to get to the stunning Amaliehaven Park, a quay that has been beautifully transformed into a green space overlooking what was once the harbour, and Amalienborg Palace, the royal family's winter residence, where we will stop to admire the square.
- We will walk through the picturesque Nyhavn district, which dates back to the 17th century and boasts brightly coloured houses built from wood, brick and cement, until we get to the old town and Gammel Strand. Once home to the fish market it is now brimming with chic bars and cafés and lies in front of the majestic Christiansborg Palace.
- The guide says goodbye to us at the shuttle stop.