CITY TOUR & HERMITAGE
Cultural, Packed lunch
A day dedicated to St. Petersburg's key sights, with a particular focus on the Peter and Paul Fortress and the delights of the most important museum in Russia.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour including the Winter Palace, Neva river, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood
- Tour inside the Peter and Paul Fortress and the cathedral of the same name
- Guided tour of the Hermitage Museum
What we will do
- Our excursion will begin with a sightseeing tour of the city , passing its famous streets and sights and admiring its well-known buildings from outside. Highlights include the Winter Palace , the Neva river , Saint Isaac's Cathedral and the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood. We will travel alongside the city's canals, flanked by lavish, sparkling buildings with gold spires, cathedrals with colourful bulbous domes, and beautiful gardens full of flowers.
- We will stop in the heart of St. Petersburg for a tour inside the Peter and Paul Fortress and the cathedral of the same name , where political prisoners were kept before the October Revolution. We will find ourselves in the tallest building in the city which also holds the tombs of the Romanovs and beautiful 18th-century icons.
- We will move on to the Winter Palace on the banks of the Neva river, home now part of the Hermitage Museum. . There, we will discover part of this extremely famous museum where over three million works of art have been preserved including Egyptian, Babylonian, Assyrian, Chinese and Indian archaeological artefacts as well as priceless paintings of European artists and memorable pieces from the Russian imperial court.
What you need to know
- This tour does not include time for shopping.
- This tour includes a basket lunch prepared by our ship staff.
- Space is limited, so please reserve early.
- The tour includes a wait before visiting the Hermitage and an itinerary on foot lasting approximately 2 hours.
- Due to its size, it is not possible to visit the entire museum; the museum's management team will decide which areas we will see.
- The price of the excursion includes tickets to use cameras and/or video cameras inside the palace.
- The tour involves a lot of walking. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This tour is not recommended for Guests with mobility problems.
- Suitable clothing is recommended for entrance to places of worship.
- During religious celebrations the visit will be from outside only.
- Wheelchairs and pushchairs are not allowed inside palaces and museums.