PANORAMIC TOUR AROUND SIHANOUKVILLE BY TUK TUK
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Entertainment
Depart from the ship by your shuttle bus (not included in the given tour rates) to the main gate of Sihanoukville Port where you will start your exciting journey on Tuk Tuk which is local transport (4 guests per Tuk Tuk) and drive to your first visit at Wat Kraom where its ground was established with significant statues of the Buddha in different postures in Khmer style of arts. Each of them tells the history of the lord Buddha that locals respect and worship for their merits
Your tuk tuk will go on serving you its exciting ride to Phsar Lurh (local market in town) where you will enjoy shopping or just look around all kinds of goods such as fresh food, cloths, electronics devices, DVDs etc.
Next continue on tuk tuk and travel passing Independence Resort and the forest nearby where you will see monkeys at the Independence and the city wáter reservior. Then you will stop for photographing the landmark of Sihanoukville – Golden Lion Monument located in the middle of the traffic circle between Sokha and Ochheuteal beaches. The monument was constructed in 1996 and is now also the city’s hot spot surrounded by Cambodian restaurants and karaoke places. And the gardens around the monument have become a popular evening hangout for the locals, particularly local teens.
After this photostop, you will continue on Tuk Tuk and travel down to visit Ochheuteal Beach – one of the beaches famous among tourists and locals. You will have a chance to try some drinks (at own expense) such as Angkor Beer which is produced in Sihanoukville before your tuk tuk will finally ride you back to port
What we will see
- Tuk tuk ride to the temple of Wat Kraom
- Buddha statues in various positions
- Phsar Lurh local market
- Independence Resort and forest with monkeys
- Golden Lion Monument
- Ochheuteal Beach
What we will do
- We leave the ship behind us and, on a private coach, head towards the main entrance of Sihanoukville Port, where our thrilling tuk tuk excursion begins. It is a characteristic local means of transport that can seat up to 4 people. * The first stop is the temple of Wat Kraom, also known as Wat Utynieng and one of the most popular attractions in Sihanoukville. Located 3 km from the city, it boasts interesting architectural elements and is dedicated to the local divinity Ya-Mao. Inside, there are multiple Buddha statues in various positions in the typical Khmer style. Each statue narrates the story of Buddha, venerated and respected by the locals.
- The next stop on our tuk tuk tour is the local market of Phsar Lurh, where we can wander around and do a bit of shopping among stalls selling fresh food, clothing and electronic devices.
- We then continue past the Independence Resort, the historic Sihanoukville hotel designed by French architects Leroy and Mondet, and the nearby forest, where we might spot a few funny monkeys.
- We stop for some photos at the monument that is the symbol of Sihanoukville, i.e. the Golden Lion Monument, located in the centre of a roundabout between the Sokha and Ochheuteal beaches.
- The monument was built in 1996 and is made up of two golden lion. It has become a point of reference for the city, surrounded by typical Cambodian restaurants. The surrounding gardens have become an evening hub for the locals and especially young people.
- After this stop, we continue our tuk tuk tour with Ochheuteal Beach, one of the most popular among both tourists and locals. Here, we have the chance to enjoy some drinks (not included in the price) such as Angkor Beer, a type of beer made in Sihanoukville, before heading back to the port on our tuk tuk.
What you need to know
- This excursion involves long walks on uneven surfaces, therefore it is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Personal expenses and other services not mentioned in the itinerary are not included.
- The itinerary may be subject to change to avoid overcrowding.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.