PANORAMIC TOUR AROUND SIHANOUKVILLE BY TUK TUK
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Entertainment
An unforgettable panoramic tour aboard a tuk tuk to discover the most beautiful and characteristic corners of the city of Sihanoukville, from the Buddhist temples to the main monuments
What we will see
- Tuk tuk at Wat Kraom Temple
- Buddha statues in various positions
- Local market in Phsar Lurh
- Independence Resort and forest with monkeys
- Golden Lion Monument
What we will do
- We leave the ship and head, on board the private bus, to the main entrance of the port of Sihanoukville Port from where we begin our exciting tuk tuk excursion, a typical local means of transport that can accommodate up to 4 people. The first stage takes us to the temple of Wat Kraom also called Wat Utynieng, which is one of Sihanoukville's most popular attractions. Located 3 km from the city, it has interesting architectural elements and is dedicated to Ya-Mao, a local deity. Inside we find several Buddha statues in various positions in the typical Khmer style. Each of these statues tells the story of the Buddha, adored and respected by the locals.
- Also on board the tuk tuk we reach the local market of Phsar Lurh, where we can browse and do some shopping among the vendors of fresh food, clothing and electronic devices.
- We continue our tuk tuk excursion past the Independence Resort, Sihanoukville's historic hotel designed by the French architects Leroy and Mondet, and to the adjacent forest where we can come across friendly monkeys who gather there.
- Let's take a photo stop at the symbolic monument of Sihanoukville, the Golden Lion Monument, located in the middle of a roundabout between the beaches of Sokha and Ochheuteal.
- The monument, built in 1996, consists of two large golden lions and today has also become a landmark of the city surrounded by typical Cambodian restaurants. Even the gardens that surround it have become an evening meeting point for the locals, especially for teenagers.
What you need to know
- Space is limited, so please reserve early
- The excursion includes long stretches on foot, even on uneven surfaces, so it is not recommended for guests with mobility difficulties.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The capacity of the tuk tuk is maximum 4 people.
- You must remove footwear and wear socks to enter the Temple. Legs and shoulders must be covered.