St. Denis – Le Port
LA REUNION BY HELICOPTER 45 minutes
Enjoy a uniquely privileged view of Réunion with a thrilling helicopter flight over the coast and inland regions of this wondrous volcanic island, with its peaks and canyons, dream-like beaches and coral reefs.
What we will see
- Helicopter excursion
- Bay of Saint-Paul
- Piton Maido
- The cirques of Cilaos, Mafate and Salazie
- The Trou de Fer Canyon
- West coast
What we will do
- A minibus takes us from the port to the helipad.
- There is a short safety demonstration, then we are ready for take-off on our thrilling, and unforgettable, helicopter flight high over the extraordinary landscapes of Réunion.
- First, we fly over the bay of Saint-Paul and its densely populated hinterland before cutting inland towards the heart of the island.
- We soon find ourselves soaring high over a wild landscape of ridges and peaks, heading to the Piton Maido which, at 2,200 metres in height, towers over the surrounding mountains.
- A little further on, we are confronted with the collapsed calderas of the ring of volcanoes that once surrounded the mountain: the cirques of Cilaos, Mafate and Salazie. ** The rich, emerald green of the lush vegetation covering the Cirque de Salazie, with its waterfalls and the famous wild canyon, the Trou de Fer, is especially inspiring.
- Having crossed the volcanic heart of the island, we see the west coast approaching, with its beaches, blue lagoon and barrier reef.
- We head back to the ship, still heady with the excitement of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
What you need to know
The helicopter trip lasts around 45 minutes.
The excursion is not guided. The pilot will escort and provide you with assistance. The number of places for this excursion is limited so it is recommended to book early. Please
bring to bring the photocopy of your passport or your I.D. with you. You must be in good physical condition. The excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems. It is
recommended to wear comfortable, casual attire and comfortable shoes. A briefing will be provided before take-off. Children under 4 years old and pregnant women cannot participate. It
is not possible to reserve the seats in the helicopter as they will be chosen by the pilot. We inform guests that for safety reasons the tour could be cancelled without
prior notice by the tour operator. Guests must not weigh more than 120kg and must inform the excursion office personnel of your weight upon booking.
This tour is only for guests with flights leaving after 3 pm