TANGIER & ASILAH
An enchanting voyage beginning in the charming town of Asilah, famous for its white houses and blue-painted walls. A place for artists, where you can immerse yourself in the tranquil and serene atmosphere, with the sound of the waves and the colours of its stalls. We will then drive towards Tangier, after a short stop in Cap Spartel with it’s lighthouse built in 1860, and a visit to the legendary Caves of Hercules, where the Greek hero rested after separating Gibraltar from Africa. In Tangier we will walk through the medina, among its winding alleys and the scents of its souks, feeling the culture and history, before returning to our cruise ship.
What we will see
- Tour of Asilah and the medina
- Tangier: Cap Spartel (photo stop)
- Tangier: Caves of Hercules (interior visit)
- Lunch at Marhaba Restaurant
- Tangier: Walk through the medina and Kasbah
- Visit to the Bazaar or Berber pharmacy
What we will do
With the bustling cities of Tangier and Tetouan as close neighbours, you might wonder why Asilah has turned out to be so easy-going as it is. There are plenty of tourists around, some hustlers, but all in all Asilah is a relaxed place to be. Beautiful Asilah is well worth a stop on your Morocco journey. Asilah is beautiful with whitewashed houses, broken by some blue wall painting or door. In many areas the standard is higher than in Morocco in general. Asilah is much of a hangout for artists, and walking around the place you will spot many traces of their activity, like paintings on house walls. Before heading to Tangier.
Arrive in Tangier “Tangier the white”, the star of many films, the city of many stars - The city you fall in love with. Via the mountain road, lined by magnificent villas and lovely gardens, you head towards Cap Spartel, set along the Atlantic Coast with its striking lighthouse built in 1860. Here, photos stop briefly to marvel at the view from this north-westerly point of Africa. Enjoy a visit of Hercules Caves, where legend says that he rested after separating Gibraltar from Africa! You will then Stop for lunch at a local Moroccan Palace and explore the fascinating city of Tangier on foot, strolling along the mysterious winding streets and souks of the Medina, stopping to barter for that essential souvenir and to admire the beautiful handicrafts.
Stop for a souvenir at a herborist or bazar. Way back to The Pier.
What you need to know
- The coach transfer from the port of Tangier to Asilah takes about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- During the visit to the Medina, there will be a walking tour therefore we suggest wearing comfortable shoes. The excursion is not recommended for people with walking difficulties,strollers and wheelchair.
- There will be a stop for some shopping in a typical shop (Berber pharmacy or a bazaar).
- Some of the buses might not be provided with air conditioning.