DISCOVERING DUBROVNIK ON FOOT
A pleasant stroll through Dubrovnik's old town, nestled within its Medieval bastions. We will discover the architectural gems concealed in its streets and soak up the charming atmosphere of a town that has tenaciously preserved its history.
What we will see
- Pile Gate
- Franciscan Monastery
- Old town
- Free time
What we will do
- After a short coach ride, we will reach Pile Gate, the oldest access route to the city built in 1537, overlooked by the statue of St Blaise, the patron saint of the city.
- Pile Gate marks the beginning of Stradun, the famous main street that runs through the historic centre to the end of the old town.
- This is where our guided walking tour will begin. First we will visit the Franciscan Monastery, which is also home to the oldest active pharmacy in Europe, which opened in 1317. The monastery boasts a cloister that is one of the most majestic sites in the city.
- During our walking tour, we will be able to admire the exterior of several other monuments and soak up the charming atmosphere that oozes from the ancient city walls, the maze of streets buzzing with the cheerful chatter of the locals and the appetising aromas of the Mediterranean cuisine.
- At the end of our walk, we will have some free time to further explore the most fascinating spots in the city.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- Guests can return to the ship on the shuttle buses provided.