TOUR OF THE RIVIERA DEL CORALLO AND STROLLING THROUGH ALGHERO
We skirt the Riviera del Corallo, enjoying the region’s natural and historic wonders, before arriving at Alghero, which we explore on foot, taking a pleasant stroll alongside the town’s imposing defensive walls, and visiting its most important sites, with even some time left for shopping.
What we will see
- Riviera del Corallo
- Capo Caccia and the island of Foradada
- Nuraghe Palmavera
- Ancient city walls, towers and bastions
- Church of San Francesco
What we will do
- We set off from Porto Torres on a luxury, air-conditioned coach and head in the direction of Capo Caccia, an imposing limestone promontory in the far north-west of Sardinia.
- Here, we make a photo stop to admire the view afforded by the Riviera del Corallo and the island of Foradada, a fragment of the rocky shore that split from the coast in time immemorial.
- We follow the coast road towards Alghero, passing the site of the Nuraghe Palmavera, a singular construction that, as our guide will tell us, consisted of a central twin-tower structure surrounded by “village” of smaller huts.
- Finally, we reach Alghero, a town with Catalonian origins. Here, we disembark so we can explore on foot.
- Our route follows the ring of the old the city walls, which is largely intact to this day and offers the chance to admire the various bastions and towers that once commanded views over the surrounding area. * We stop to visit the interior of the Church of San Francesco, which, with its splendid, characteristic cloisters, represents one of the finest expressions of Catalan Gothic architecture in Sardinia.
- At the end of our tour, we will have some free time to do some shopping or enjoy a coffee at one of the local bars.
What you need to know
What you need to know: Places are limited, so please book early. Comfortable shoes are recommended. This tour is not recommended for guests with mobility problems. Lunch is not included.