RELAXING ON THE BEACH IN ALGHERO
An appetising panoramic tour through north-west Sardinia leads ultimately to a long, sandy beach where we will have some free time to enjoy the splendours of nature, not least the inviting waters.
What we will see
- Nurra region
- Riviera del Corallo
The beach at Maria Pia
Relaxing at the beach
What we will do
- We leave Porto Torres following the so-called “Road of the two Seas”, which offers scenic views over the Nurra region that covers the north-west corner of Sardinia.
- Our route takes us to Alghero and the Riviera del Corallo , a stretch of coastline that takes its name from the coral formations that have proliferated in its waters.
- We will be stopping in the northern part of the town, where a stretch of some 7 km of shore is suited to bathing, including our ultimate destination, the Maria Pia beach. Here, the beautiful dunes of fine sand are bordered by dense coniferous woodland, which provides a perfect, natural shelter from the sun on the hottest days.
- The water is incredibly clear, and the sea floor slopes away at a gentle incline, making the beach perfect for children’s games and long, relaxing walks.
- We are free to enjoy our time at this magnificent beach as we see fit, diving deep among the mesmerising shades of the cool, calm water, or lying lazily in the sun as we drink in the rich symphony of white, turquoise and emerald green.
What you need to know
Places are limited, so please book early. The tour includes neither a guide, nor a local escort. The beach is public, sun umbrellas and sun beds are not included. Do not forget to bring a swimsuit, towels, sunglasses and sun cream. Lunch is not included.