TRANSFER TO LE SALINE BEACH
A moment of divine relaxation in the stunning waters of one of Sardinia’s finest and best known beaches, all under the vigilant gaze of an ancient watchtower.
What we will see
- Le Saline beach
- Torre delle Saline
What we will do
- We set off from Porto Torres in the direction of Stintino and the Gulf of Asinara, where the coast is punctuated by many of the island’s finest beaches, some of which stretch for miles.
- Our ultimate destination is the beach at Capo D’Orso known as Le Saline – “the salt flats” – which, indeed, takes its name from the area’s ancient salt works.
- This beach is renowned for the quality of the water, which is ideal for children, being relatively shallow, and an intense turquoise in colour, in charming contrast with the white of the soft dunes.
- The beach is guarded by the Torre delle Saline. One of the oldest defensive bastions in Sardinia, the tower was originally part of a system of ramparts built to guard both the coast itself and the historic tuna fisheries and salt works that have been a feature of the area since the 12th century.
- We will have some free time to relax in this desert and wild slice of heaven as we see fit, baking under the hot Sardinian sun, taking a refreshing dip in the cool waters, or simply enjoying the caress of the breeze in our hair as we gaze out over the deep blue of the sea.
What you need to know
- Places are limited, so please book early.
- The tour includes neither a guide, nor a local escort.
- The beach is public, sun umbrellas and sun beds are not included in the price of the excursion.
- Due to the tide, sea-weeds could be present on the beach.
- During summer time, beaches might be crowded.
- For its stunning location on the northwestern area of the island, in case the Grecale blows, the beach might be windy and bathing not recommended.