SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF BRISBANE AND LONE PINE KOALA SANCTUARY (Excursion included in the World Cruise fare)
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
An ideal excursion revealing two different sides to Australia: the large city of Brisbane with its man-made monuments and buildings, and a wonderful sanctuary dedicated to cuddly koalas, where nature reigns supreme.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Brisbane
- Story Bridge, Customs House, Botanic Gardens, Parliament
- Mount Coot-tha lookout
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
What we will do
- We will leave the port on a coach as we start our sightseeing tour of Brisbane, the sunny and sophisticated capital of Queensland.
- We will cross Story Bridge, a steel structure of great historical significance declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and we will admire Customs House, which dates back to 1889 with its imposing green dome. We will also pass the Botanic Gardens, the oldest green space in the city, and Parliament House before crossing the river again.
- Then we will reach Mount Coot-tha lookout, where we can admire incredible views of the city.
- We will then leave Brisbane and head for our next destination, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, the largest koala sanctuary in the world.
- During the tour we can really get up close to the local fauna. This sanctuary even allows us to stroke and cuddle Australia's iconic animal, the koala! We can also have our photo taken to take home with us as an original souvenir.
- We will stroll through the park, immersed in nature, along paths that will take us to a number of interesting encounters with other guests at the sanctuary, including wombats, bats, echidnas, Tasmanian devils, dingoes and many other creatures typical of Australian wildlife.
What you need to know
- It is not necessary to book this excursion as it is already included in the price of the cruise.