Culinary excursion to Maizuru with preparation of Kamaboko
Sightseeing, Hiking, Lunch not included
This tour will firstly take you to at Maizuru Kamaboko Kobo where you can learn how to make Kamaboko and after that visit Goro Sky Tower and Toretore center. Although Japanese food Kamaboko is very delicious and popular, not many people have experienced Kamaboko making. Therefore this experience is so precious and must be suitable for children's smmer home work. After making Kamaboko, we are going to take you to “Gorougatake” the peak which is located at the middle of Maizuru. Its peak has about 300m in heights and there is a 50m high observatory that offeers splendid view of the “Maizuru Port” and “Maizuru Town”. Since the view from here is so spectacular, this view is known as the one of the “100 Best view of Kinki”.
After that you enjoy shopping for seafood souvenir and also eating at the restaurant in the center.
What we will see
• Maizuru Kamaboko Kobo, preparation of Kamaboko
• View from the Goro Sky Tower
• Toretore Center to purchase fish products and restaurant lunch
What we will do
• The first stop on our excursion takes us to Maizuru Kamaboko Kobo where we can learn how to prepare Kamaboko, the typical Japanese dish made with puréed and often coloured surimi and fish. The mixture is shaped into loaves which are then steamed until firm. Slices can be served chilled or at room temperature with various types of dips or can be included in soups and other dishes.
• lthough Kamaboko is a very popular and tasty dish, not many people have had the chance to prepare it with their own hands.
• This is therefore a unique unmissable experience.
• After preparing our Kamaboko, we reach Gorougatake, the 300 m peak in the centre of Maizuru.
• On top of the peak there is a 50 m tall observatory, the Goro Sky Tower, offering amazing views over the port and city of Maizuru.
• The panorama is so spectacular that it is known as one of the “100 Scenic Sites in the Kinki Region”.
• Before heading back to the ship, we stop at the Toretore Centre, a famous fish market where we can buy some local fish products and have lunch in a restaurant.
What you need to know
• We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available. * We recommend purchasing Japanese Yens on board. * The order of the visits may vary due to external factors such as traffic. • Comfortable walking shoes are recommended. • Heavy traffic jams to be expected due to it being travelling season in Japan. *Clear views subject to weather conditions.
There is limited availability of English-language guides.