Adachi Art Museum
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
A tour to become acquainted with Japanese art and nature by visiting the famous Adachi Art Museum and its magnificent garden, one of the most stimulating and regenerating places in Japan, not to be missed!
What we will see
- Adachi Art Museum
- Paintings by Taikan Yokoyama and other modern Japanese painters
- Large Japanese garden with different landscapes
- Lunch with Japanese menu
What we will do
- The Adachi Art Museum, focus of our excursion, is an art museum founded by entrepreneur Zenko Adachi in the Shimane Prefecture. This museum is home not only to interesting exhibitions (such as a collection of Taikan Yokoyama’s modern paintings and Japanese pottery), but is also the location of one of the largest and most amazing not only in Japan but the entire world. The collection of paintings by Taikan Yokoyama is the largest in the world with over 120 works of art, over 20 of which are on permanent display. In addition to Takian Yokoyama’s works, there are also paintings by modern Japanese painters.
- Through the museum’s large windows, we can admire the marvellous Japanese garden and appreciate its different landscapes ranging from the unique “dry” landscape to white sand passing by green pine trees, moss and a lake. *While visiting the museum and admiring the garden, we get the impression of an enormous painting that changes with the seasons.
- The fame of the Adachi Art Museum is therefore due to its multi-award winning garden that, since 2003 and for 11 consecutive years, was nominated best garden by the “Journal of Japanese Garden” and is recognised as one of the best in the world.
- During the tour, we have the chance to enjoy an excellent lunch with delicious dishes typical of Japanese cuisine.
What you need to know
- The order of the visits may vary and the coach transfer depends on the itinerary. * We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available. * Heavy traffic jams to be expected due to it being travelling season in Japan. * We recommend having Japanese Yens available as there are no exchange offices in the port. *Clear views subject to weather conditions. * Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.