VIEWS AND CULINARY TRADITIONS OF LANZAROTE
Sightseeing, Gourmet Tours, Tasting
Discover the rural past of Lanzarote by admiring its traditional architecture and embarking on a culinary journey among local dishes and wines in a unique location offering lovely enchanting views.
What we will see
- Museo del Campesino
- Tasting session of local dishes and wines
- Mirador del Rio
What we will do
- The first stop on our excursion is in the heart of the island of Lanzarote: Museo del Campesino, designed by local architect and artist César Manrique to celebrate the hard and unrewarding work carried out by the population in the fields and that now reveals to visitors the secrets of Lanzarote's culinary traditions.
- We take a seat in the restaurant, a volcanic grotto once used as a quarry, for a tasting session of local dishes and wines. There is no better way to celebrate the start of this excursion!
- We then reach the picturesque village of Haria, one of the most fertile places on the island and example of typical local architecture, and make a brief stop in Teguise, the ancient capital of Lanzarote which still boasts a rich artistic and cultural heritage.
- Our last stop is Mirador del Rio, a spectacular belvedere designed in 1973 by César Manrique on the top of the imposing cliffs of Famara. Located 474 metres above sea level, it offers some of the best panoramic views on the island stretching from the northern coast, the Chinijo Natural Park and the glistening Atlantic Ocean.
- After taking in all the beauty provided by this magical island, we return to the ship.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems or wheelchair users.