St. Cruz de Tenerife
A JOURNEY THROUGH SPANISH CUISINE WITH COOKING LESSON
Sightseeing, Entertainment, Gourmet Tours
Discover the secrets of paella and learn how to prepare it with your own hands inside a historic residence where you can savour in the charm of tradition.
What we will see
- La Orotava
- Casa Lercaro
- Tasting session of local dishes and wines
- Paella cooking lesson
- Paella tasting session
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us and head towards the northern coast of the island to reach the colonial town of La Orotava, whose fantastic church domes stand out from afar.
- We walk along its cobbled alleyways overlooked by typical Castilian architecture, characterised by balconies and inner courtyards, as far as Casa Lercaro, a perfectly preserved 16th century palace that now also houses a bistro.
- Once there, we receive the warm welcome of the chefs, who offer us a selection of inviting snacks made with assorted meats and cheeses to prepare us for the highlight of the excursions.
- In groups of 4-5 people, we follow our chef’s instructions and start making various types of paella, one of the most famous Spanish dishes (with meat, fish or vegetables depending on the number of participants).
- After our cooking lesson, there is nothing else to do other than enjoy our creations, a perfect end to an extraordinary day.
What you need to know
- Itinerary sequence may vary.