TOUR OF THE RÍAS BAIXAS REGION
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
This excursion gives us the chance to learn more about Rías Baixas, the region where the city of Vigo is located. We visit a superb historical residence with its lush gardens and sail along the Arousa estuary on a catamaran to end the day with a delicious tasting session of mussels, a typical local speciality.
What we will see
- Pazo de Rubianes: historic residence and gardens
- El Grove
- Catamaran cruise along the Arousa estuary
- Visit to a mussel farm
- Mussel tasting session
What we will do
- We leave the port of Vigo behind us and head towards our first stop: the magnificent historic residence of Pazo de Rubianes where history, wine culture and the art of gardening form a unique combination. * The residence was built in the 15th century and is therefore over 600 years old during which it changed in line with the times and styles until it became the house-museum where we can now retrace history. * In addition to its excellent vineyards, Pazo de Rubianes is surrounded by over 11 hectares of marvellous gardens with giant eucalypti with a circumference of over 12 metres, fantastic flower beds arranged geometrically, tall sequoia trees and grand magnolias part of the list of monumental trees present in Galicia.
- We move on towards El Grove, a seaside town located on the estuary of the Arousa river.
- We board a catamaran to discover the estuary as far as a peculiar floating platform used to farm mussels. * After learning more about this activity, we sail back towards the port and, along the way, enjoy delicious mussels with some white wine or soft drinks.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.