The best of Maizuru
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Lunch not included
An excursion designed to grasp what’s best of the city of Maizuru- from its natural and scenic aspect with a visit to Gorougatake, to the cultural one with Kofu castle and its ruins.
What we will see
- View from the Goro Sky Tower *Maizuru park and ruins of Kofu castle
- Fish products and restaurant lunch
What we will do
- Our day begins with Gorougakate, the 300 m peak in the centre of Maizuru.
- On top of the peak there is a 50 m tall observatory, the Goro Sky Tower, offering amazing views over the port and city of Maizuru.
- The panorama is so spectacular that it is known as one of the “100 Scenic Sites in the Kinki Region”.
- We continue our excursion through Maizuru park where we can also admire the ruins of Kofu castle, also known as “Maizuru Castle” and dating back to the 16th century. After being severely damaged by a fire in 1727, the castle was abandoned during the Meiji Period. * Before going back to the ship, we have some free time to*buy some fish products* and enjoy a restaurant lunch.
What you need to know
- The order of the visits may vary to avoid traffic.
- The length of the coach transfer depends on the itinerary. * We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available. * Heavy traffic jams to be expected due to it being travelling season in Japan. * We recommend having Japanese Yens available as there will be no time nor exchange offices. *Clear views subject to weather conditions. * Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.