RURAL BALI AND ULUN DANU BRATAN TEMPLE
An excursion that will show us the more traditional side of Bali, with its amazing rice fields that adorn the hills, distinctive villages and an attractive temple on the banks of a river, not forgetting a coffee break in an elegant resort.
What we will see
- Inland sightseeing tour
- Village of Baha
- Rice field viewing
- Ulun Danu Bratan temple
- Royal Tulip Resort for coffee break
- Photo stops in the villages of Batunye, Carang-sari and Luk-Luk
What we will do
- We will leave the port of Benoa and embark on a picturesque sightseeing tour of rural, inland Bali, which will offer us picture-postcard landscapes through a series of hills and beautiful terraced rice fields, which are typical of the mid-west of the island.
- We will visit the distinctive village of Baha, where agriculture is still the heart of the local life and economy. Rice is still cultivated here using the subak technique, a traditional irrigation system that, with careful attention, allows them to maintain the right water level across all the terraces.
- We will continue our journey through the rice field region, beautifully outlined by tropical vegetation, and head north towards Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, a temple perched on the side of an attractive lake surrounded by mountains covered in lush emerald greenery.
- Our next stop is the elegant Royal Tulip Resort, inspired by the architecture of a traditional Balinese village but with 5-star comfort and finishings. We will enjoy a welcome coffee break there before continuing our journey.
- On the return journey, we will continue to admire the stunning views of rural Bali, passing the villages of Batunye, Carang-sari and Luk-Luk, with ad-hoc photo stops to capture the most authentic spirit of this awe-inspiring place.
What you need to know
- This excursion involves some sections on foot and steps, therefore it is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend wearing light clothing, a hat, comfortable shoes and bringing an umbrella.