A fascinating excursion during which we will visit two of the most famous and charming temples in Bali, which will make for incredible photos. Our excursion will end with a visit to a studio that produces the famous batik dye, the pride of Balinese tradition.
What we will see
- Village of Mengwi
- Taman Ayun Temple
- Tanah Lot Temple
- Batik studio
What we will do
- We will leave the port by coach and embark on a scenic journey to the town of Mengwi, once the capital of a powerful kingdom under the rule of the Gelgel dynasty.
- Our destination is the spectacular Pura Taman Ayun, a temple built in the 17th century as a place of worship for the royal family. Nestled in a wooded area, surrounded by wide moats brimming with water and boasting a pool with floating lotus flowers, we will be struck by its mysterious charm, enhanced by the presence of a series of meru (towers with tiered roofs) that soar up towards the sky with their delicate profiles.
- The next stop on our excursion will be a visit to the most photographed temple in Bali, Pura Tanah Lot. With its picturesque location on the top of an imposing rock formation, this Hindu temple lies just a few metres from the beach, surrounded by the sea's waves that crash against the little island, offering a truly beautiful display.
- We will return to the coach and head to a famous batik fabric studio, where we will see this traditional, ancient dyeing technique that has been passed down from generation to generation. There we will have the chance to admire the artisans at work and have some time to buy some items from the shop.
What you need to know
- This excursion involves some sections on foot and steps, therefore it is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- The places visited cannot be accessed by wheelchair users.
- We recommend wearing light clothing, a hat, comfortable shoes and bringing an umbrella.