BALI'S FOLKLORE AND TRADITIONS
We will fully immerse ourselves in Bali's folklore traditions and craftsmanship, with traditional dance shows, an elaborately decorated temple and an in-depth look at the batik technique.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour
- Barong show
- Village of Tohpati and batik dyeing demonstration
- Village of Mas and Taman Pule temple
- Barong show
What we will do
- We will leave the port of Benoa and head north on a picturesque sightseeing tour, admiring the views that unfold before our eyes.
- During the journey, we will stop to find out more about Balinese folklore and watch a barong show, a traditional and sacred Balinese dance that is highly theatrical and represents the battle between good and bad.
- We will continue to the village of Tohpati where we will have the chance to see skilled artisans at work during a batik dyeing demonstration. This traditional technique uses different methods to colour and apply prints to fabrics.
- Our first destination is the village of Mas where we will stop to visit Pura Taman Pule, a temple with a large, intricate stone portal.
- After visiting the temple, we will have the chance to attend another magical barong show – a classic example of the way in which Balinese cultures takes its mythology to the stage.
- Afterwards, we will enjoy the return journey in the comfort of our coach.
What you need to know
- This excursion involves some sections on foot and steps, therefore it is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- The places visited cannot be accessed by wheelchair users.
- We recommend wearing light clothing, a hat, comfortable shoes and bringing an umbrella.