OLYMPIA AND MUSEUM ON YOUR OWN
With this tour we have the chance to make the most of our stopover in Katakolon on our own. Our coach will take us from the port to the ancient city of Olympia, where we will be provided with an entrance ticket giving us the chance to explore the archaeological site and the museum at our own pace. This is the sacred city and home to the Olympic Games dedicated to Zeus, with a priceless archaeological heritage_,_ which has earned the recognition of UNESCO as being a World Heritage Site.
What we will see
- Archaeological excavations
- Archeological Museum
What we will do
- With this tour we have the chance to make the most of our stopover in the port of Katakolon.
- Our coach will take us from the port to the city of Olympia and the Archeological Museum, where we will be completely free to explore at will. This ancient religious centre was the birthplace of the Olympic Games, which were held every four years in honour of Zeus to celebrate "divine peace": during the games all hostilities ceased and all wars were suspended.
- An important place of worship in Ancient Greece, Olympia still preserves remains of temples, monuments, theatres and sanctuaries, which bear testimony to the pomp and ceremony of the past.
What you need to know
- Entrance ticket to the Olympia archaeological site and Museum is included in the price.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- Large backpacks are not allowed inside the museum or the archaeological site.
- The excursion involves walking on uneven surfaces, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- The site and the Museum are only partially accessible for the guests with limited mobility.