EXPLORE THE MAYAN RUINS BY DUNE BUGGY AND RELAX ON THE BEACH
Let us drive through Yucatán's rural countryside aboard a fun dune buggy to discover the fascinating Xcambo archaeological site as well as a marvellous beach where we can relax and have fun sipping a drink or two.
What we will see
- Dune buggy excursion
- Xcambo archaeological site
- Relaxation at Hotel Reef Yucatán
- Beach, swimming pool, sports activities and two free drinks
- Optional stop at the Progreso market
What we will do
- A short 10-minute transfer will take us to the jetty where our convertible dune buggy that seat up to four people await us.
- We rev up the engine and drive in convoy on a roaring trip in the Yucatán savannah through the town of Progreso and eastwards along the coast.
- We reach the Xcambo archaeological site, an important city founded over 2000 years ago, which thrived thanks to its salt trade. After getting off our buggies, we stroll with our guide among the ruins where two tall pyramid temples offer amazing views of the coast from the top and try to imagine how the Mayans lived their everyday lives hundreds and hundreds of years ago.
- We get back on the buggy and, after a short drive, reach Hotel Reef Yucatán, a fun oasis of peace by the sea.
- Here, we have time to relax on the beach - we can soak up the sun lazily on a lounger, swim in the blue sea or in the swimming pool, go kayaking or play volleyball. If we get thirsty, two complementary soft drinks are provided and the bar is at our disposal to purchase snacks and beverages.
- We then head back to Progreso on our dune buggies and, after handing them in, we can choose whether to stop by the city market to purchase some souvenirs and handicrafts or head back to the ship.
What you need to know
- To drive a dune buggy you must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driving license.
- Minimum age for taking part: 6 years.
- All the dune buggies have a manual gearbox and can seat 4 persons.
- Guest must be able to get on and off the vehicles on their own.
- Pregnant women and people with back and neck problems are not allowed to take part in this excursion.
- Do not forget to bring your bathing costume, a towel, sun cream, insect repellent and some cash.
- Tips for the guide are not included.