ASINARA ANIMALS RECOVERY CENTRE & SWIMMING BY RUBBER BOAT
Nature excursion, Swimming, Packed lunch
Head to sea on a raft to explore Asinara island and find out more about the efforts made to protect the local wild fauna as well as take a dip in incredible natural pools.
What we will see
- Raft excursion
- Asinara National Park
- Cala Reale and Centro Recupero Animali Marini Asinara
- Natural pools
- White donkey sighting
What we will do
- We leave Porto Torres by coach and head towards Stintino, a seaside town on the northern tip of Sardinia.
- We board a raft and start on a fantastic trip in the crystal clear sea to discover the Asinara National Park, which includes the Asinara island off Stintino.
- We drop anchor in Cala Reale, a spectacle of unspoilt natural beauty on the south-facing shore, and reach the Centro Recupero Animali Marini Asinara (Asinara Sea Animal Rescue Centre) which protects and monitors sea turtles and other sea animals.
- We continue our raft tour with the marvellous natural pools, a heavenly turquoise lagoon where we can take a refreshing dip.
- With a bit of luck, we might spot the **white donkeys** roaming free in this wild yet beautiful land and which give the island its name.
What you need to know
Places are limited, so please book early.The tour includes neither a guide, nor a local escort.. Do not forget to bring swimsuit, a towel, sunglasses and sun cream. In the event of adverse weather conditions, the tour may be cancelled. The minimum age for this excursion is 6 years. We recommend to bring a wind jacket. The order of the visits may be switched. This tour includes a basket lunch prepared by our ship staff.