ASINARA NATIONAL PARK BY BOAT AND MARINE ANIMALS RECOVERY CENTRE
Nature excursion, Swimming, Packed lunch
Head to sea on a raft to explore Asinara island and find out more about the efforts made to protect the local wild fauna as well as take a dip in incredible natural pools.
What we will see
- Raft excursion
- Asinara National Park
- Cala Reale and "Centro Recupero Animali Marini Asinara"
- Natural pools
- White donkey sighting
What we will do
- We leave Porto Torres by coach and head towards Stintino, a seaside town on the northern tip of Sardinia.
- We board a raft and start on a fantastic trip in the crystal clear sea to discover the Asinara National Park, which includes the Asinara island off Stintino.
- We drop anchor in Cala Reale, a spectacle of unspoilt natural beauty on the south-facing shore, and reach the "Centro Recupero Animali Marini Asinara" (Asinara Sea Animal Rescue Centre) which protects and monitors sea turtles and other sea animals.
- We continue our raft tour with the marvellous natural pools, a heavenly turquoise lagoon where we can take a refreshing dip.
- With a bit of luck, we might spot the white donkeys roaming free in this wild yet beautiful land and which give the island its name.
What you need to know
- Places are limited, so please book early.
- The tour includes neither a guide, nor a local escort.
- The minimum age for this excursion is 6 years.
- We recommend to bring a wind jacket.
- This tour includes a basket lunch prepared by our ship staff.
- In the Asinara Sea Animal Rescue Centre the presence of turtles is not always guaranteed.?