AN EVENING STROLL THROUGH THE HEART OF IBIZA
It is when the sun makes way for the moon that authentic Ibiza is revealed: nestled between the imposing Medieval walls, the old town is a priceless gem illuminated by the light from the setting sun.
What we will see
- Dalt Vila and old town
- Traditional drink
What we will do
- Our comfortable shuttle service will take us on a short journey to Ibiza old town. The Catalans call it “Evissa”, which is derived from “Ibossim” used by the Phoenicians in the 7th century BC. A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1999, the town lies on the south-east coast of the island and overlooks a natural bay, which is home to a port.
- A walking tour is the ideal way to explore Dalt Vila - the old town - with its steep, narrow streets. We will see how the ancient fortified site has developed over time, evolving to meet the city’s defensive needs.
- We will walk through the old town, winding through the cobbled streets polished over time by travellers’ footsteps. Slightly ajar sturdy wooden doors reveal spacious courtyards and private chapels. The road that leads to the cathedral is dotted with souvenir shops, and art galleries open up like treasure chests guarding original works of art by talented local artisans. We will wander through the maze of streets in this extraordinary town, admiring the wonderful views, its illuminated bastions and the magical sunset that paints its traditional white houses pink.
- Finally, we will enjoy a traditional cava-based drink, the perfect end to this unforgettable experience.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.