KAYAK ADVENTURE IN FAIRY-TALE SCENARIOS
Nature excursion, Entertainment, Packed lunch
Let us paddle along the spectacular Naerøyfjord while admiring picture-perfect landscapes and enjoy a lovely picnic lunch surrounded by the wild beauty of nature.
What we will see
* Gudvangen village
* Kayak ride along the fjord
* Holmo peninsula and picnic
* Return to Gudvangen
What we will do
* We leave the small port of Flåm behind us to reach the Viking village of **Gudvangen**, nestled in the Naerøyfjord and surrounded by a fairy-tale landscape.
* This is where our **kayak adventure** starts. After a brief introduction on how to use kayaks, we jump on board to discover the wild nature of the fjord.
* We paddle for one hour along the coast, admiring the spectacular surroundings, as far as **Bleiklindi**, a small harbour named after a rare sample of wild lime tree which grew directly above the jetty. It is a very peculiar plant as, unlike all other plants, its leaves turn yellow in spring and green in autumn.
* We then reach the small **Holmo peninsula**, where Viking burial grounds dating back to the late Iron Age have been found.
* We disembark here and enjoy a **delicious picnic** in a fairy-tale setting.
* After lunch, we return to our kayaks to head back and admire the **breathtaking views** from a different angle.
What you need to know
* We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
* There is no tour rep: a local guide will provide general information in English.
* You must be physically fit to take part in this excursion and not suffer from back pain.
* We recommend wearing comfortable shoes, preferably with a rubber sole as they may get wet.
* Minimum age: 12 years.
* The excursion is suitable for everyone and no previous kayaking experience is necessary.