FLYING OVER THE DIAMOND CIRCLE
A thrilling tour over the natural beauty of the Diamond Circle, an area in north-east Iceland where some of the most spectacular sights on the island are located.
What we will see
- Flying tour of the area
- Godafoss waterfalls
- Mývatn lake region
- Vatnajökull glacier
- Dettifoss waterfalls
- Ásbyrgi canyon
What we will do
- We go on a flying tour to admire views of striking mystical beauty characterised by amazing natural geothermal phenomena.
- We fly over the superb *Godafoss waterfall, whose shape is reminiscent of the more famous Niagara falls even though it is only 22 metres high.
- We cross the heart of north-eastern Iceland - the Mývatn lake region, where lava rocks and volcanic formations create striking views.
- We continue our trip flying over the Vatnajökull glacier, the largest in Europe, as far as the Dettifoss waterfall which drops into a narrow canyon surrounded by a lunar landscape made up of rocks as far as the eye can see.
- We finally reach the spectacular Ásbyrgi canyon, an enormous lush horse-shoe shaped canyon that encloses a birch forest. We then bid goodbye the Icelandic hinterland and head back to Akureyri.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled.
- This excursion is conducted in English.