RAFT SAFARI AND WHALE-WATCHING
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
Sail along the Eyjafjordur aboard a raft surrounded by a natural landscape of great beauty and ready to admire the whales swimming in these waters.
What we will see
- Raft safari
- Sailing along the Eyjafjordur
- Whale watching
What we will do
- In Akureyri, we board small rafts with a capacity of maximum 12 people and start a thrilling sea safari that will bring us face-to-face with the sea giants.
- We sail along the Eyjafjordur, a deep narrow stretch of sea providing amazing views and surrounded by rocky slopes excavated by the glaciers and snowy peaks.
- The fjord is home to a variety of sea life such as numerous species of whales, such as humpback and fin whales.
- Our agile rafts are ideal for moving in the waters of the fjord as they enable us to cover a wider area while looking for whales, increasing our chance of seeing them.
- With a bit of luck, we might spot the great mammals swimming nearby. The probability of spotting a whale in Akureyri 's waters are 95%, so keep your eyes peeled!
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- During the visit it is essential to respect the animals and their habitat. Feeding the animals, noise and sudden movements are therefore not allowed.
- This excursion is conducted in English.
- Warm waterproof clothing is recommended.