EASTERN FJORDS AMONG NATURE AND TRADITIONS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Gourmet Tours, Tasting
This excursion allows us to discover the charm of the small fishing villages overlooking spectacular jagged fjords, the striking beauty of a waterfall with its picture-perfect views and local flavours thanks to an experience which is the perfect example of “from producer to consumer.”
What we will see
- Western fjords
- Light snack
- Dynjandi waterall
- Seafood Trail: tour and tasting of fish products
What we will do
- We leave Isafjordur behind us and cross the striking western fjord region, the favourite destination of many visitors and a source of infinite joy to those seeing a fjord for the first time.
- Enchanted by sceneries of mystical beauty, we reach Thingeyri, a small fishing village on the Dyrafjordur, one of the most impressive in Iceland.
- We take a brief stop to explore the area and immerse ourselves in Viking history thanks to the many traces this population left of their past in this area.
- We continue our tour with the Dynjandi waterfall, one of the main sights of the western fjords and one of the most beautiful in Iceland.
- Along the way, we stop in Thingeyri again for a light snack.
- Opening up in a wide fan shape, the majestic waterfall drop gracefully from a rocky cliff 100 metres high. Those eager to climb to the top will be rewarded by breathtaking views that include many other smaller waterfalls.
- We then make our final stop, the fishing village of Sudureyri, a small community where respect for nature is a lifestyle and where the inhabitants managed to combine traditional fishing activities and tourism.
- During our visit, our guide and the locals will tell us the history of the village, which survived and developed thanks to the fishing industry.
- We also take part in an interesting and flavourful activity - the Seafood Trail. * Inside a fish processing facility, we learn how this raw material supplied by the ocean is used to make excellent products and get the chance to taste some of them.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is conducted in English.