HELICOPTER GLACIER TOUR
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
We will soar over the cool, majestic landscape of the second largest glacier in the world in a helicopter, stop to play in the snow and admire the volcanoes and incredible geological formations from up high.
What we will see
- Langjökull glacier
- Land on the glacier and briefly explore
- Skjaldbreidur volcano
- Thingvellir National Park
What we will do
- Our adventure will begin at Reykjavík national airport where we will board a helicopter and set off on an exciting air tour of the glaciers in the west of the island.
- We will land on Langjökull glacier, the second largest icecap in Iceland, and we will experience the thrill of walking across the middle of a glacier and over perennial snow, in the midst of an almost surreal atmosphere.
- We will breathe in the crisp mountain air and unleash our inner child by playing in the snow for a while. From above the glacier we can all see the fascinating structure of Iceland's wild plateaus.
- We will continue our helicopter flight to Skjaldbreidur volcano, admiring its magnificence as we soar over. It is an extinct volcano so we will not see any smoke or signs of activity, but its shield shape makes it an interesting sight.
- Heading back towards Reykjavik, we will see the National Park of Thingvellir, which means "Parliamentary Plains" and for centuries was the meeting place for the Icelandic parliament.
- Thanks to its immeasurable geological interest and unique natural characteristics formed by the meeting of two tectonic plates, it has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled.
- This excursion is conducted in English.