ITALY'S HIDDEN TREASURES - SEBORGA
Lunch not included
We are taking a journey back in time in a fascinating village, where history is everywhere: Seborga, a self-proclaimed principality in the fifties, lives its special status daily, amidst characteristic alleyways, beautiful period palaces and panoramic views.
What we will see
- Italian Riviera
- A stroll through the village
- Church of San Martino and the Palazzo dei Monaci
What we will do
- We leave Savona and make our way southwards along the splendid Italian Riviera, with impressive hills alternating with characteristic village, cliffs and famous beaches.
- We arrive at our destination: the Ligurian village of **Seborga””, perched on the crest of a hill, from which you can enjoy panoramic views of the vegetation-covered mountains and beaches lapped by a turquoise sea.
- We’ll stroll through the village alleyways, where the typical atmosphere of an ancient village reigns, amidst majestic houses, small gardens and historic monuments.
- What makes Seborga even more fascinating is its unusual self-proclamation as principality in the fifties, even going as far as to elect a prince, although with merely symbolic functions.
- The entire life of the village bears signs of this original status: along the streets we find cars with a special licence plate next to the official number plate, in the shops we can purchase using “Luigini” coins issued by the principality, and the houses fly the official, blue and white striped flag.
- As we plunge into this haunting atmosphere, we cannot fail to admire the monuments in the town centre, such as the splendid Baroque church of San Martino or the Palazzo dei Monaci which, in the 17th century, housed the mint which issued the Luigini coins.
What you need to know
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.