ITALY'S HIDDEN TREASURES - LOCOROTONDO
Awarded the Orange Flag by Italy's Touring Club for its beautiful shape and the convenience of the historic centre, the ancient heart of Locorotondo unfolds in a string of picturesque views, which we will discover on a pleasant stroll.
What we will see
- Murge Plateau
- Locorotondo: the historic centre and the cummerse
What we will do
- We will leave the port of Bari and head south towards Murge, the karst square-shaped plateau in central Puglia.
- Our destination is the town of Locorotondo, a whitewashed town in a distinctive circular shape which gave it its name.
- When we reach our destination, we will explore the historic centre, a unique monument oozing charm and character with its whitewashed cottages, cobbled streets, elegant portals and balconies brimming with flowers.
- In the historic centre, there are also the so-called 'cummerse': small whitewashed houses in an even geometric shape with a pitched roof, which have been renovated and opened up to tourists for accommodation in the area.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The coach transfer takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes each way.
- In case of heavy traffic, the excursion may last longer.