CABLE CAR AND FOOT EXCURSION ON MOUNT HOVEN
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
An excursion entirely dedicated to striking fjord views culminating with a hike surrounded by nature: glass cable cars will take us up to over 1,000 metres asl to take in mountains, lakes and picturesque villages followed by a hike on mountain trails.
What we will see
- Loen Skylift
- Mountain Station
- Spectacular fjord views
- Hiking on Mount Hoven
What we will do
- We leave the Olden port by coach and head North along the fjord to reach the small town of Loen 6 km away.
- We get on the main attraction - the Loen Skylift, a modern cable car with glass cabins that in just 5 minutes takes us on the top of the Hoven mountain 1,011 metres above sea level.
- The skylift will stop at the Mountain Station, from where we can enjoy striking 210° views: to the East, we can admire Mount Skåla and Lake Lovatnet; to the South, we have the majestic Jostedalsbreen glacier with the town of Olden; to the West, the Nordfjord winds its way towards Stryn.
- From the Mountain Station, we go on a hike to discover the unspoilt wild nature of the mountain ranges surrounding the Nordfjord, where Nature reigns supreme.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- min age 8 years old