TOUR OF THE CENTRE TECHNIQUE HORTICOLE DE TAMATAVE
Far from the customary tourist circuits, we’ll be visiting the Centre Technique Horticole de Tamatave to discover how the techniques to cultivate tropical fruit and vegetables (fruit, legumes, spices and ornamental plants) are preserved and optimised. A different opportunity to take a plunge into Madagascan traditions.
What we will see
- Centre Technique Horticole de Tamatave
- Projects to develop and support agriculture
- Details of fruit and vegetable crops on the east coast
What we will do
- We’ll pay a visit to the Centre Technique Horticole de Tamatave, a centre of excellence which sustains the development of the fruit and vegetable chains on the east coast of Madagascar.
- Founded in 2001 in its current form, the centre has been active since 1996 and has followed various projects funded by the European Union aiming to perpetuate the autochthonous crops of the region.
- During our tour, we’ll discover many interesting pieces of information about the centre’s projects linked to the agronomy, agri-food industry and environment to “stamp an innovative change” on fruit and vegetable crops and improve local cultivation techniques.
- On our return to the ship, we’ll take back with us a more detailed knowledge of the agricultural situation on the east coast, aware that we have come into contact with a truly authentic side of daily life in Madagascar.
What you need to know
- We recommend you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- The vehicles used in this excursion may be small and without air-conditioning.
- Do not forget to bring insect repellent with you.
- Itinerary sequence may vary.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.