TREKKING IN THE FOREST AND DIVING IN A CENOTE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Lunch not included
Let us immerse ourselves in the nature of the Dominican Republic with a trek through the forest to get to know native plants followed by a dive into a scenic cenote characterised by turquoise waters. We then meet intriguing animal species up close.
What we will see
- Trek in the forest
- Local plants
- Hoyo Azul cenote
- Close encounter with park animals
What we will do
- Following our expert guide, we set off on a trek through the forest to discover the marvels of nature and appreciate the incredible variety of ecosystems that coexist in the Dominican Republic.
- We walk along spectacular paths where we can admire orchids, bromeliads, ferns, cacti and other native plants with a series of short stops during which our guide will provide us with a lot of interesting information.
- Our destination is the fabulous Hoyo Azul cenote, a natural freshwater pool of an incredible deep blue colour surrounded by gigantic rock walls. We have approximately 30 minutes to dive in and swim around this magical place.
- On the way back, we stop in a special area where we can enjoy a close encounter with the animals populating the park, including macaques, white-headed capuchins, pythons and other rare exotic creatures. Park guides are available to answer all our questions and tell us a few peculiarities.
What you need to know
- Minimum age: 6 years.
- Pregnant women, or guests who suffer from heart problems, fainting, asthma, loss of balance, back, neck or shoulder problems are not allowed on this excursion.
- The trek is mostly carried out on easy paths, but there are steps and stretches or uneven and sloping ground.