EXCURSION TO THE CRATER OF VESUVIUS AND TASTING OF TYPICAL PRODUCTS
Nature excursion, Shopping, Tasting
An excursion to the most famous volcano in the world, for centuries the protagonist, for better or for worse, of the history, of the art and of the destiny of the people living in Naples and the surrounding area. A tasting session of culinary specialities is certainly an excellent conclusion to this wonderful experience.
What we will see
- Somma-Vesuvius Volcanic Complex
- Vesuvius National Park
- The crater of Vesuvius
- Tasting of typical products
- Coral workshop
What we will do
- We set off by coach from the port to see the most famous volcano in the world. On the way to the crater the journey becomes an interesting geology lesson: our guide will explain the geological characteristics of the Somma-Vesuvius Volcanic Complex and provide us with a general introduction to the features of the Vesuvius National Park.
- Vesuvius is an active volcano that has been dormant since 1944. It lies east of Naples and is 1,281 m high. It is particularly interesting for its history and its activity and is the subject of intensive study, especially in light of its danger, because it is only a dozen kilometres from Naples and is close to densely inhabited towns and villages.
- When we reach 1000 metres above sea level, we continue with the ascent towards the crater of the volcano on foot. At the summit, we can admire a unique landscape, with the "great void" of the crater and magnificent views of the Gulf of Naples. The natural spectacle is undoubtedly a delight for the eyes and will remain indelible in our memories.
- The walk to the summit is a sure way to work up an appetite. So what could be better than sampling some local delicacies in a tasting session of some of the products that are typical of the Vesuvius National Park. A fitting end to a wonderful experience.
- Before returning the ship, we stop at one of the most famous coral workshops. The tradition of crafting this precious natural material, which is linked to the seafaring and fishing traditions, has been preserved over the centuries and continues to create unique masterpieces of high calibre craftsmanship.
What you need to know
- In the event of adverse weather conditions the tour may be cancelled.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- The excursion involves walking; we therefore recommend you wear comfortable shoes.