CAPRI BY FUNICULAR
Discover the wonders of the art and the landscape of Capri, an island that over the centuries has enchanted Roman emperors such as Augustus and Tiberius, as well as artists, writers and intellectuals.
What we will see
- Marina Grande
- Piazzetta, Via Tragara
- Gardens of Augustus
- Marina Piccola
What we will do
- At the Port of Naples, we board the hydrofoil which takes us to Capri, leaving the imposing outline of Vesuvius behind us. On the way we enjoy the amazing views of the beautiful Gulf of Naples and catch our first glimpse of the island of Capri with its rugged coastline and sheer sea cliffs.
- After landing in the port of Marina Grande, we take the funicular, which takes us to the town of Capri in just a few minutes. Accompanied by our guide, we come to the famous Piazzetta, a small square that is completely surrounded, like a courtyard, by small white houses. It is impossible not to stop here, even just for a coffee or an aperitif. The Piazzetta is the pulsing heart of Capri, the hub around which island life revolves. It is the "world's living room" in that it is a meeting place and key attraction for tourists, personalities from the world of cinema, fashion and politics, and businessmen alike.
- We go along Via Tragara, with its splendid luxury hotels and historic villas and come to the Gardens of Augustus. These terraced gardens, which boast many different species of flowers, palm trees and tall plants, command a stunning panoramic view. On one side you can see the Bay of Marina Piccola and on the other the famous Faraglioni, three spurs of rock to the south east of the island that rise out of the blue waters creating a spectacular scene.
- At the end of the visit, we have some free time to dedicate to whatever we most want to do: a little shopping in the many boutiques, a walk around the streets of the centre or a delicious ice cream in a bar in the Piazzetta. Whatever your preference may be, being in this place - so full of charm, with breathtaking views and historical and artistic treasures waiting to be discovered - is an immense pleasure, so much so that we will probably feel sad when we have to bid farewell to this famously beautiful island.
What you need to know
- The transfer to Capri takes approximately 45 minutes.
- The excursion is not recommended for people suffering from sea sickness.
- There is no guide for the tour of Capri but brief explanations will be provided at the arrival points.
- Due to the high season, there are possible tails and long waiting times in the movements on the island of Capri.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.