SPECTACULAR SNORKELLING SESSION BETWEEN CENOTES AND CORAL REEF
An excursion entirely dedicated to snorkelling in two dream-like scenarios - a fascinating natural sinkhole (cenote) with its crystal-clear waters surfacing from the bowels of the earth and a pristine bay with its sea turtles. We will finish off with a lovely lunch on the beach in perfect Mexican style.
What we will see
- Ferry to Playa del Carmen
- Snorkelling session in a spectacular cenote
- Snorkelling session in Akumal Bay
- Lunch and relaxation on the beach
What we will do
- From the pier in Cozumel, we take the ferry to Playa del Carmen on the Yucatán coast, in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya.
- Our guide awaits us and, together, we get on an air-conditioned minivan in small groups of maximum 12 people to reach the first stop on our excursion - a spectacular cenote where we will experience something unforgettable.
- After a short safety briefing and instructions on how to use the snorkelling equipment, we enter a cave where we find an incredible natural pool with crystal-clear waters and scenic rock formations.
- We then move on to the fantastic Akumal Bay which in the Mayan language means ‘place of the turtles’. It is a beautiful stretch of sea with a white sandy beach and a magnificent coral reef just a few metres from the shore.
- We dive into the turquoise waters of the sea for an unforgettable snorkelling session among colourful coral, agile sea turtles and schools of tropical fish.
- This amazing excursion ends with a delicious lunch on the beach surrounded by the sky, land and sea which merge into a dreamlike scenario. After a relaxing break, we head back to Playa del Carmen and get on the ferry to Cozumel.
What you need to know
- You must be able to swim and be physically fit. *Pregnant women or guests with breathing or cardiac conditions, claustrophobia and suffering from fainting spells are not allowed on this excursion.
- Minimum age: 8 years.
- Maximum weight: 105 kg.
- Access to Akumal Bay may be impossible in the event of adverse weather conditions. In this case, the snorkelling session will take place in a sheltered inlet.