QUAD ADVENTURE AND UNDERGROUND EXPLORING
A fantastic adventure on dry land: let us explore the Yucatán jungle by quad among caves, Mayan ruins and breath-taking scenery and experience the thrill of swimming in an underwater river surrounded by incredible rock formations.
What we will see
- Ferry transfer to Playa del Carmen
- Quad adventure
- Exploring Rio Secreto Nature Reserve
- Walking and swimming in underground river.
- Light lunch
- Free time in Playa del Carmen
What we will do
- From the pier in Cozumel we take the ferry to Playa del Carmen on the Yucatán coast.
- Here we start our quad adventure. Discover authentic Mayan ruins and visit a typical dwelling to learn more about the everyday life of this area’s ancient population.
- We then reach the Rio Secreto underground river, an authentic gem hidden in the Yucatán peninsula that winds its way around enchanting rock formations.
- We don the necessary equipment and follow our guide in an adventurous underground explorations walking through caves and tunnels, swimming in the river's crystal-clear waters and going for a dip in an underground river where stalactites and stalagmites create a surreal atmosphere.
- After we are done exploring, we enjoy a light lunch to top up our energy reserves.
- The excursion ends with some free time in Playa del Carmen before getting onto the ferry that takes us back to Cozumel.
What you need to know
- We recommend wearing closed shoes.
- Don't forget to bring your bathing costume, non-slip shoes, 2 changes of clothes and cash and credit cards for souvenirs, photos and tips.
- Maximum weight: 113 kg.
- Minimum age: 16 years. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Drivers must hold a valid driving licence. All quads are single-seaters.
- All the equipment necessary is provided.
- No cameras, video-cameras, watches and jewels are allowed during the quad and underground river tour.
- Some photos will be taken during the tour and will be available to purchase.
- Lockers and towels are freely available.
- The ferry transfer to Playa del Carmen takes approximately 45 minutes. The sea might be rough during the transfer.
- For safety reasons, pregnant women, disabled guests, guests with cardiac, breathing , neck or back problems and those who have recently undergone surgery are not allowed on this excursion.
- The tour will take place in all weathers.