THE FLAVOURS AND SPLENDOUR OF THE CITY OF PALERMO
Cultural, Drink included
We will dive into the daily life of Palermo, crossing the old city and its characteristic Ballarò market, considered the oldest in the city; from daily life to splendour, with one of the most refined historic buildings in the capital.
What we will see
- Chiesa della Martorana
- Ballarò Market
- Palazzo Conte Federico
What we will do
- This excursion will lead us to the splendid city of Palermo, presented to us with a short panoramic coach tour. After a visit to the medieval church of Santa Maria dell'Ammiraglio, known as Martorana, we will delve into the daily life of the Sicilian capital, traversing the alleys of the old city on foot to reach the heart of the largest and most famous market in the region: the Ballarò.
- Here we will discover the animated and colourful effects of a population that is rich in traditions and customs, still deeply entrenched in the souls of the locals even today.
- Among the shouts, squalls and joking in local dialect, we will admire the artistically displayed juicy fruit, smell the strong aromas of spices, taste a typical "panella", and inspect the freshly caught fish.
- We will see the same courage and strength shine through in the wrinkles of the oldest vendors and in the eyes of the youngsters that move between the stalls, offloading crate after crate.
- In stark contrast, we will move from the busy, noisy streets to one of the most opulent, discreet and refined homes of the ancient city, still inhabited today by descendants of the old noble family: Palazzo Conte Federico. The owners of the property will welcome us, opening the doors to guide us through the palace's treasures, past sumptuous salons and precious works of art.
What you need to know
- This excursion is conducted mainly on foot, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.