THE WONDERS OF NATURE ON THE ISLAND OF MIYAKOJIMA
Lunch not included
Charm and wonder are the overriding emotions we will experience on this incredible excursion that puts nature at centre stage with a visit to a spectacular promontory offering one of the hundred most beautiful views in Japan and a cable car ride up into the sky with breathtaking views.
What we will see
- The majestic Higashi-Hennazaki cape
- Stunning views from the lighthouse at the tip of the promontory
- Sigira Lift Ocean Sky cable car
What we will do
- The first destination on our excursion is the spectacular Higashi-Hennazaki cape in the south-eastern part of the island, lapped by the Pacific Ocean to the left and the East China Sea to the right. It is a narrow, flat stretch of land that stands out against the cobalt blue of the sea and is named after its position (“Higashi” means east, where the sun rises).
- We can admire the winding lines of the promontory, which cuts through the water for approximately two kilometres, surrounded by a palette of incredible hues from blue to turquoise.
- At the tip of the promontory lies a bright white lighthouse which boasts such a spectacular outlook that it has been rated one of the one hundred most beautiful views in Japan.
- Before making our way back to the port, we can experience the thrill of a ride on the Sigira Lift Ocean Sky, a scenic cable car that opened in 2016.
- Making ourselves comfortable in the two-seater cars, we will travel up 283 metres, enjoying breathtaking views of the island of Miyakojima and the surrounding sea with its striking shades of blue.
What you need to know
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- We recommend exchanging your own currency for Japanese yen on board.
- Guests with mobility problems will be assisted while getting on and off the coach.
- There is limited availability of guides that speak English and other European languages.