The Best of Miyakojima HD - (JP)
Lunch not included
This is the Best of Miyakojima, a tour of the most popular sightseeing spots in Miyakojima. The first stop on the tour is Higashi-Hennazaki, the south-eastern cape that juts out into a cobalt blue sea. At the tip of the two-kilometre-long, narrow peninsula stands a handsome lighthouse. This has been designated one of the nation's most scenic spots. Before returning to the port, we will enjoy a ride on the Shigira Lift Ocean Sky, which opened in 2016. It is the only open-air lift in the Okinawa area. 283 metres long in total, the cable car provides breathtaking views of the landscape on the island of Miyakojima.
What we will see
* Cape Higashi-Hennazaki
* White lighthouse
* Shigira Lift Ocean Sky panoramic cable car
What we will do
* Our tour of the island of Miyakojima starts with a visit to the **cape of Higashi-Hennazaki** in the south-eastern part of the island, lapped by the Pacific Ocean to the left and the East China Sea to the right. It is a narrow, flat stretch of land that contrasts with the cobalt blue of the sea and is named after its position (“Higashi” means east, where the sun rises).
* The promontory is a couple of kilometres long and 160 metres wide, while the water is approximately 20 metres deep. * A snowy **white lighthouse** is perched on the peak, offering amazing views from the observation bridge.
* This place has been declared one of Japan's top one hundred scenic spots.
* Before making our way back to the port, we will have the opportunity to **ride on the Shigira Lift Ocean Sky**, a **panoramic cable car** that opened in 2016.
* It is the only cable car in the Okinawa area.
* 283 metres long in total, it provides breathtaking views over the island of Miyakojima.
What you need to know
- The Ocean Sky Lift may be cancelled without prior warning depending on weather conditions.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- We recommend purchasing Japanese Yens on board.
- Guests with mobility problems and those in wheelchairs will be assisted while getting on and off the coach.
- Itinerary sequence may vary without prior warning.
- English & other European tour guides are subject to availability. ?