TOUR OF AJACCIO, THE COAST AND RELAXING ON THE BEACH
Sightseeing, Swimming, Cultural, Drink included
Exploring the main landmarks of Ajaccio, which commemorate its most famous citizen. The tour will offers the opportunity to enjoy magnificent views and ends with a very pleasant moment to relax on the beach.
What we will see
- Cours Napoléon and the Casone
- Iles Sanguinaires, Genoese Tower and the ruins of the Lazaret
- The white sand of Corsica
What we will do
- Leaving the port, we follow Cours Napoléon and the tree-lined avenue to the Casone, a monumental ensemble built in honour of the town's most famous citizen, Napoleon. We will also have a chance to look around the grotto, where the future French Emperor used to play as a child.
- On the summit of the Casone stands the imposing bronze statue of Napoleon, a replica of the one erected near his tomb in "Les Invalides" in Paris. His greatest victories and conquests have been inscribed on the marble pedestal.
- Our panoramic coach tour takes us along the coast to the Iles Sanguinaires, the gateway to the Gulf of Ajaccio, protected by the 17th century Genoese Tower. There are wonderful views which are particularly beautiful at sunset when the sun illuminates the rocky coast with a distinctive purple glow.
- We also see the ruins of the ancient lepers' Lazaret. This dates back to the early 19th century, and is said to have given its name to the entire archipelago.
- Our coach trip then takes us to a splendid, white sandy beach, where we can take a refreshing dip or enjoy a thirst quenching drink before returning to the port.