HARTLEY’S CROCODILE ADVENTURES: QUEENSLAND'S CROCODILES
We will head out in search of Queensland's impressive crocodiles in a wildlife park where we can admire them in their natural habitat, along with many other native animals, for a day centred around Australia's fauna.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour along the coast
- Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures
- Nature trails through the park
- Cruise over the saltwater lagoon
- Sightings of crocodiles and other animals
- Informative presentations and programmes
- Guided tour of the crocodile farm
What we will do
- We will leave the port on a coach and embark on a sightseeing tour heading north along one of the most picturesque coastal roads in Australia.
- We will reach the destination of our excursion, Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures, a wildlife park nestled in northern Queensland's rainforests, declared a World Heritage Site.
- The park boasts a vast range of habitats and is a privileged location to spot wild animals, tropical birds, reptiles and insects, not to mention the stars of the show: crocodiles!
- Crossing the wooden walkways and nature trails covering the 10-hectare park, we will immerse ourselves in an unspoilt setting and discover the philosophy of this wildlife park, which believes in environmental sustainability and is committed to conserving the natural habitats.
- We will board an eco-compatible boat for a cruise over the saltwater lagoon, and as we sail across the water we will explore the indisputable kingdom of the saltwater crocodile, the largest living reptile and the biggest land predator. With a bit of luck, we will get to see some of them, and they will leave us open-mouthed at their size, especially if they open their jaws!
- Inside the park, we can attend interesting presentations and educational programmes, the hallmark of the philosophy of conservation that the park has adopted, and we will discover how these swamp animals have evolved and how cassowaries and koalas feed.
- We will also be taken on a guided tour of the crocodile farm, located next to the park, so that we can expand our knowledge of this extraordinary animal.
- After our visit, the coach will take us back to the port.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.