A DAY IN NAPLES
Cultural, Meal included
A day spent in the magical, richly evocative streets of historic Naples, with a stop in Posillipo to admire the beauty of the city from afar.
What we will see
- Maschio Angioino, San Carlo Theatre, Galleria Umberto I
- Piazza del Plebiscito, Royal Palace, Church of San Francesco da Paola
- Riviera di Chiaia, Posillipo
- Historic centre, church of Gesù Nuovo, Basilica of Santa Chiara
What we will do
- We set off from the port of Salerno for an excursion through Naples' major places of interest: from the imposing Maschio Angioino castle, built 700 years ago by Carlo d'Angiò and later the sumptuous residence of the king and viceroy, to the San Carlo Theatre, one of the finest in Europe, and the Galleria Umberto I. Having crossed the Piazza del Plebiscito, we'll admire the magnificent Royal Palace and the Church of San Francesco di Paola.
- We cross the picturesque Riviera di Chiaia, passing in front of the Villa Pignatelli to arrive at Posillipo, Naples' panoramic hill.
- We then enjoy a delicious lunch at a typical Neapolitan restaurant.
- After lunch, from Piazza Matteotti / Piazza del Gesù we enter the historic centre for a walk that first takes us to the Church of Gesù Nuovo and the Basilica of Santa Chiara, then cross the Decumanus Inferiore until we arrive at Piazza San Domenico.
What you need to know