ITALY'S HIDDEN TREASURES - MONTEMARCELLO
Sightseeing, Lunch not included
Let us visit the fantastic town of Montemarcello, nestled between the hills and the sea. Stroll around the narrow alleyways filled with an evocative atmosphere and take the chance to snap amazing photos.
What we will see
- Scenic tour of Golfo dei Poeti
- Free stroll in the town centre
- Church of San Pietro
- Punta Corvo
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and go on a short scenic tour of the Golfo dei Poeti, as the Gulf of La Spezia is known. Over the centuries, the area has attracted many poets, writers and artists who remained mesmerised by the beauty of this “water amphitheatre”. We reach our destination: Montemarcello, a polygonal-shaped picturesque town perched on a small hill between the sea and the higher hills and considered one of the most beautiful in Italy.
- Once we get off our coach, we have some free time available to wander around at our own leisure and stroll along the cobbled alleyways among old doors and shops from a bygone era surrounded by a charming atmosphere.
- Montemarcello offers views of incomparable beauty perfect to capture on camera. New marvels await us step after step behind every corner.
- We can visit the small yet charming church of San Pietro, dating back to the 15th century and filled with precious artwork including a 16th-century triptych depicting the Virgin of the Rosary between St. Peter and St. John.
- A stroll just outside town leads to Punta Corvo, offering magnificent views ranging from Palmaria, Portovenere and Versilia dotted with holly oak, pine and oak trees and characteristic terraces.
- After fully revelling in this wonderful town and honing our photography skills with the beautiful views, we will gather at the meeting point with our guide and return to the ship.
What you need to know
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- Your shoulders and knees must be covered in order to enter places of worship.
- We recommend getting to the meeting point in time for departure.