GUIDED WALKING TOUR OF BREMEN (supplement)
We will enjoy a guided walking tour of Bremen, discovering both the old and modern sides of the city with its Gothic monuments and statues that have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and we will also have some free time to spend as we please.
What we will see
- Guided walking tour
- Old town and modern side of Bremen
- Bremen Town Musicians monument
- Gothic town hall and Bremen Roland statue
- Free time
What we will do
- We will meet our guide in Bremen, an ancient city that has developed along the banks of the river Weser, which flows the entire length of the city.
- Founded by wealthy and influential merchant families, its convenient location on the Weser has made it an important port city over the centuries, thanks to its handy link to the North Sea through the waterway.
- When we reach our destination, we will enjoy a pleasant stroll with our guide who will show us the old town with its fascinating monuments and the more modern side of Bremen, home to some famous international brands such as Beck's beer and Jacobs coffee.
- The bronze statue of the animals from the famous fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm, 'The Bremen Town Musicians', created by Gerhard Marcks in 1951 featuring a donkey, a dog, a cat and a rooster, will take us back to our childhood and stir the imaginations of adults and children alike.
- We will admire the spectacular Gothic town hall, which lies in Marktplatz and was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2004, and opposite, the Bremen Roland statue, the oldest and biggest monument of its kind in Germany.
- After our walk, we will have some free time to explore the city at our leisure before returning to the ship on our coach shuttle service.
What you need to know
- This excursion only includes the walking tour of Bremen and can be purchased as a supplement to excursion 01N1 - Free time in Bremen.