MOTORBOAT EXCURSION IN CAYOS COCHINOS
We reach a heavenly archipelago nestled in the coral reef, visit some of its islands and explore the amazing sea with a snorkelling excursion. A delicious lunch to explore the local culinary tradition is the perfect end to our day.
What we will see
- Motorboat excursion
- Cayos Cochinos
- Cochino Pequeño
- Snorkelling session
- Cayo Chachahuate
- Typical lunch
What we will do
- We get on our motorboat and set off on a one-hour transfer to the archipelago of Cayos Cochinos, made up of two main islands and a myriad of coral islets off the northern coast of Honduras.
- The archipelago is part of a protected marine reserve and welcomes us with breathtaking views - colours range from the turquoise of the sea and the emerald green of the lush vegetation to the white sandy beaches.
- We arrive at Cochino Pequeño, where we take part in an introductory presentation surrounded by a dreamlike scenario as we get ready for our underwater adventure.
- We change islands, put on our equipment and dive into the water for an unforgettable snorkelling session to discover the coral reef. Alternatively, we can just swim to the shore where the sea creates an enchanting scenery with its infinite shades of blue.
- The excursion continues in Cayo Chachahuate, one of the archipelago’s atolls with a small fishing village where the Garifuna people live surrounded by a true paradise.
- We end this fantastic excursion with a delicious lunch featuring typical Honduras dishes made in the traditional way with freshly-caught snapper, beans, rice and bananas.