CRUISE TO MORETON ISLAND AND SNORKELLING AROUND THE SHIPWRECKS
Nature excursion, Swimming, Meal included
We will discover the incredible Moreton Island on a boat excursion that will give us the chance to see countless examples of marine life, snorkel around fascinating shipwrecks, relax on the beach and enjoy a delicious lunch: paradise is within reach!
What we will see
- Cruise to Moreton Island
- Marine life sightings
- Snorkelling around the Tangalooma wrecks
- Relaxing on the beach
- Buffet lunch
- Tray of fruit for the return cruise
What we will do
- We will board a boat that will take us on a cruise to Moreton Island, a stunning sandy island covered by lush emerald green vegetation and waters belonging to a protected marine reserve.
- During the boat ride, we will enjoy the company of a nature guide, who will entertain us with interesting accounts and information about the local fauna, the behaviour of marine mammals and the history of Moreton Island.
- As we get closer to the island, we will keep our eyes on the water around our boat in the hope of spotting bottlenose dolphins, dugongs and sea turtles, which frequent these seas.
- We will head to one of the most spectacular snorkelling sites in the region, the Tangalooma wrecks. This artificial breakwall was created by sinking 15 ships, which have been covered in coral over time and invaded by marine life.
- We will dive into the water for a sensational guided snorkelling session through the remains of the sunken ships, while our expert leaders will make sure that we are safe and point out fascinating creatures for us to admire, like the bizarre spotted wobbegong, rays and octopus.
- After the session, we will dock at Moreton Island and relax on a fabulous beach, with the famous gigantic sand dunes as a backdrop. We can swim in the crystal-clear waters there, soak up the sun or enjoy doing nothing at all.
- To top off this fantastic experience, we will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch of chicken and shrimp-based dishes.
- Then we will board our boat again and we will be served a tray of tropical fruit on our return journey, which we can eat with our eyes gazing out at the blue water, with the seas breeze blowing through our hair.
What you need to know
- Do not forget to bring swimwear, a towel, hat and snorkelling equipment (if you already have some).
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.