EXCURSION TO MOSSMAN GORGE AND DAINTREE RAINFOREST
Nature excursion, Meal included
We will fully immerse ourselves in Australia's wild and unspoilt nature, just a few steps from the ocean yet surrounded by thriving rainforests. We will be accompanied by local guides that will show us the natural and cultural treasures that this area north of Cairns has to offer.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour along the coast
- Mossman Gorge
- Walking excursion with a local guide
- Tea and snack at the start and end of the journey
- Daintree Forest
- Walking excursion through the rainforest
- Restaurant lunch
What we will do
- We will leave the port on a coach and embark on a sightseeing tour heading north along one of the most picturesque coastal roads in Australia.
- We will travel to Mossman Gorge, a deep gorge carved out by a river with clear waters and immersed in a tropical rainforest ecosystem where wildlife thrives.
- When we arrive, we will be served a cup of tea and a slice of damper, typical Australian bread traditionally baked on the embers of a camp fire.
- Accompanied by a local guide, we will enjoy a walk through the rainforest, amongst its ferns and towering trees, and along the river where clear waters run between immense granite boulders, creating spectacular natural pools.
- Our guide will enrich our experience in this unrivalled setting with interesting accounts of the special relationship that links the indigenous people to the forest, showing us various types of plants traditionally used in cooking, to make soap or an ochre-coloured dye.
- At the end of the excursion, we will freshen up with another cup of tea and a slice of bread, while our guide will remain at our disposal if we have any questions or would like any further information.
- Then we will set off towards Daintree forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where we will witness that unique sight of the tropical vegetation that grows along the coastline and literally spills out into the sea.
- We will have an hour free to explore this extraordinary place on our own, which is home to a wide variety of fauna. During the walk, we will spot birds, arboreal snakes, rare plants and, with a bit of luck, even a crocodile. There will be so many opportunities for extraordinary photos!
- Our excursion will end with a delicious lunch at Daintree Teahouse where we will be served two exquisite courses in the heart of the rainforest.
What you need to know
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- The walking excursion in Mossman Gorge lasts around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- There is limited availability of Italian speaking guides; if none are available, the excursion will be conducted in English.