SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF KINGSTOWN AND THE WEST COAST
We discover the island's capital, Kingstown, with its vibrant architecture and charming churches, and we continue our tour along the west coast, admiring stunning views of Saint Vincent from the comfort of our coach.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of Kingstown
- Architecture in the city centre
- St. Mary's Cathedral of the Assumption
- Methodist church
- St. George's Cathedral
- Sightseeing tour of the west coast
- Stop for a refreshing drink
What we will do
- We will leave the port in the comfort of our air-conditioned coach as we start our sightseeing tour of Kingstown, which will show us the sights of this bustling city, the island's capital.
- Nicknamed the "City of Arches" for its typical Georgian architecture, it is also famous for the rich natural scenery that surrounds it and for its vibrant centre with stone buildings and brick houses.
- As we travel along the city's attractive streets, we can admire its three biggest churches. The Catholic St. Mary's Cathedral of the Assumption, built in 1823, boasts an unusual mix of architectural styles with stunning arches, fountains and courtyards.
- Then we will see the Methodist church, testament to the peaceful co-existence of the different religions on the island, and then the Anglican St. George's Cathedral, built in 1820 and known for its bright colours that are reflected in the huge stained-glass window, the work of famous artisan Charles Eamer Kempe.
- Then we will leave the city and travel along the west coast of the island, watching a string of beautiful sights pass our eyes, such as tranquil volcanic sand beaches basking in the warmth of the sun's rays and sheltered coves that can only be accessed by boat.
- We will stop for a refreshing drink and toast to this wonderful island we are visiting, before returning to the ship.