THE TWO GEMS OF DALMATIA: NIN AND ZADAR
After a sightseeing tour to admire the region’s magnificent coastal views, we venture on foot around the city of Nin, with its ancient monuments and charming history. We then head back to Zadar for a stroll around its marvellous city centre.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of the coast
- City of Nin
- Guided tour of the centre and Church of the Holy Cross
- Free time in Nin
- Zadar: free stroll around the city centre
What we will do
- Together with our local guide, we embark on a lovely sightseeing tour of the rugged coastline with its inlets, gulfs and promontories dotted with countless small harbours in sheltered locations.
- We reach our first destination: the city of Nin, an ancient settlement that still preserves significant traces of its history from Roman times, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance era down to more recent times.
- We go on a short stroll around the city centre to admire its main monuments including the Church of the Holy Cross, built in the 9th century in the Pre-Roman style and also known as the “smallest cathedral in the world.”
- After our guided tour, we have some free time to explore Nin at our leisure before getting back on our coach.
- We then head back to the city of Zadar, which still maintains its artistic and architectural heritage, fruit of long centuries of domination from the Romans and Venetians to the Ottoman Empire.
- Once there, we get off our coach and enjoy some free time to stroll around the city centre, located on a small unique peninsula and characterised by magnificent monuments and lovely views, before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes.